Foster Home Support
New Rattitude works hard to support our foster parents and make fostering as easy as possible!
We reimburse essential expenses and provide a wide array of tools, amenities, and programs to help our foster parents be successful and enjoy their fostering experience.
We believe that we offer one of the most comprehensive Foster Home support packages available, including:
"New Dog Packet" for each Foster Dog, consisting of:
• Martingale Collar
• ID tag
• Travel Leash
• Microchip (if the dog is not already chipped)
• Dog Toy
• Going Home bag
• Flea Preventative (on request)
Reimbursement of all necessary vetting, including:
• Vet exam
• Rabies, distemper, parvo, and bordetella vaccinations
• Heartworm test and monthly heartworm preventative
• Microchip insertion
• Other required veterinary care, such as dentals, X-rays, heartworm treatment, antibiotics, surgery, etc.
Additional financial subsidies, subject to guidelines and limits, for:
• Dog food
• Puppy expenses (stipend)
• Transportation & Health Certificates
• Training classes
• Behaviorist Evaluations for problem dogs
On-going programs to support our foster parents and foster dogs, before and after adoption:
• Foster Parent Training Program
• Mentor Program
• Custom Dog Training Plans from our Behavior Modification Team, consisting of experienced dog trainers
• Behavioral Aids Loaner library for foster parents, including tools such as Thundershirts, belly bands, calming caps, books, CDs, DVDs, etc.
• Toll-free Lost Dog Hotline
• Automatic microchip registration for all adopted dogs
• Liability insurance policy for peace of mind
• Incentive programs for members
• Progress Reports (post-adoption follow-up)
For a more detailed review of the tools, resources, and support that New Rattitude provides our foster homes, CLICK HERE to download our Fostering Flyer
in pdf format. (You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed.)
Won't You Join Us? Become a Rattie Foster Home!
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions about Fostering.
Click here for Fill out a Volunteer Application